Sunday, September 7, 2014

POPPY PARADE



                    DAY 7 OF LESLIE SAETA'S 30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS CHALLENGE

I did these poppies with palette knife and tried to make them looser than some previous poppy paintings I've done.  Not sure if it worked or not but must get it out there for the challenge.  I just listened to Leslie interview Elizabeth Pollie on blog talk radio and Elizabeth says she does a lot of scraping and re-arranging.  I tried a little of that on this painting and will try to remember to do more of it.  I know occasionally I have done a passage in a painting that hasn't worked and I've gotten frustrated and just wiped it off.  Sometimes it can leave magical paint behind.  Now I shall have to remember to do it even if the area hasn't completely frustrated me.  I know it won't always work and that's what scares me.  Oh well, as Robert E. Wood used to say "it isn't precious!"

ORIGINAL:  Palette knife painting
SIZE:  5 X 7
PRICE:  $75.00 + $5.00 shipping and tax in CA

Contact:  quartonfineart@yahoo.com or Lori at 714-271-1135

No comments :

Post a Comment