Saturday, April 9, 2011

On the Road to Black Star

I painted this last week while standing at the edge of the road leading to Black Star Canyon. The panoramic view was spectacular and it was a beautiful day. Doesn't get much better than that! The following day was cloudy and stormy so we felt we had been blessed the day before with the sun. Black Star Canyon is in the Silverado Canyon area. I hadn't been there before but it is well worth the trip. Actually I shouldn't recommend it as I didn't quite make it to the canyon as this scene captured me before I got to the gate leading to the canyon. Next time I will go farther!

SOLD

2 comments :

  1. I love this painting. The winding element invites me into the scene. The different greens are lush. I enjoy the strokes along the left bank. The back light on the right bush is wonderful. The three mountains in the distance are outstanding. The rock on the left side is strong. The touch of yellow green through the tree is joyful. Thank you, Lori, for painting this beautiful scene. From Barbee

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic, Lori! I love the dramatic lighting. Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete