Friday, September 26, 2014

JUST THE TWO OF US



            DAY 26 OF THE LESLIE SAETA 30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS CHALLENGE

For me, composition seems always to be a challenge (along with all the other challenges of painting!).  I remember one of my first teachers (in watercolor), Robert E. Wood, saying "Big, Middle and tiny (or tiny, tiny, tiny).  He was talking about values and shapes.  It's so difficult to follow that concept as I tend to place too many lights in the darks or darks in the middle values and then the whole concept is blown!  Hopefully I did OK here.  

These two Gerbara Daisies seemed to make such a sweet couple thus the name "Just the Two of Us"

Have a great day and thanks for looking..


ORIGINAL OIL
SIZE:  8 X 8
PRICE:  $85

2 comments :

  1. Thank you, Tam. I thought I had thanked you earlier, but then saw this was blank??? Sorry.

    ReplyDelete