Tuesday, April 8, 2014

PURPLES AND WHITES



The bank out in front of our home is covered with these African Daisies.  They bloom their hearts out this time of year and really serve to beautify the entrance to our home.  I'd never painted them before but in my search for subject matter I thought they would make a pretty grouping.  Hope you agree.

I've been working at loosening up my brushstrokes and was pleased with the effort on this one.  For those of you who paint,  don't skip the preliminaries of at least working out a thumb nail value sketch and make sure you join the light middle values with the same and the darker middle values with the same.  Then add a small amount of the lightest light and darkest dark values.  Don't forget to consider the focal area.   I know we are always eager to jump right in and paint, but every time I do I end up having to work out problems that I could have avoided by pre-planning.

Original Oil:  $85.00 + tax and shipping
Size: 8 x 8

quartonfineart@yahoo.com

No comments :

Post a Comment