Tuesday, October 8, 2013

DIANA, PRINCESS OF WALES



I finished this last weekend, but just got around to posting it.  I'm doing a workshop with JOHN COSBY.   Have only done the first day, but it seems he is a wonderful teacher.

The rose actually is a Diana, Princess of Wales rose.  It is quite lovely and I enjoy it so much.  It does make me sad when I think of how much Diana would have contributed to the lives of her children, family and country had she been allowed to live.  The glass jar is actually a Ball jar, but to put the name on the front would have made it busier than I preferred.

Hope you are all having a wonderful week.  I feel truly blessed to be taking  this workshop and to be able to paint at the beach every day!!

ORIGINAL OIL
SIZE: 8 X 10
PRICE:  $95.00
SHIPPING:  $10
SALES TAX IN CA

4 comments :

  1. Hi Lori, this is so sweet. Being British, I too think it was such a waste. I have a lovely woven woollen scarf in pale blue tartan which was produced for a short time as a memorial scarf after she passed away. God rest her soul. Have a fun workshop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maggie. I'm sure you treasure your scarf, it sounds lovely!

      Delete
  2. This is really lovely Lori! I love the subtlety of the rose and the way you have the pink blush on the end of the petals. Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy. It sounds like you are also a painter. I appreciate your taking the time to view...

      Delete