Saturday, October 3, 2009

Lakeside



Yesterday I painted at Irvine Park which is located in Orange County, CA near my home. It was a beautiful day, unlike the day before where I had gone to paint and had to leave due to wind. This time of year at the park is wonderful--just enough leaves have fallen from the trees to allow visibility of the branches more clearly and the feeling of fall is in the air. I learned yesterday that this lake was man-made back in 1913 and was quite a novelty at that time--I can believe that!! The waterfall is created by water flowing from the body of water just beyond it which is near a boathouse. Paddle boats are for rent during the busier times of the year--sounds like fun!

The painting is 11 x 14. Let me know if you like it--quartonfineart@yahoo.com

No comments :

Post a Comment